Update on Entry Fees and Refunds for Knik Races

 In Announcements

Our first hope is that it snows enough between now and race day on January 4 that we don’t have to postpone the Knik races. Because the Knik 200 is an Iditarod and Yukon Quest qualifying race, and because we had to cancel last year due to poor trail conditions, we’re committed to putting this race on this year for all the mushers who really need to run it.

The exciting thing about sled dog racing is that there are lots of races during a very short window of good trail conditions. The downside to that is when you reschedule a race, you’re likely to conflict with another one.

The race committee for the Knik 200 and 100 supports our “fellow” races. We also understand the dilemma a musher may face if the Knik races have to be rescheduled for a date they’ve committed to a different race. We’ll announce by noon on December 26 if the January 4 race date is a go.

To be as fair as possible to everyone, we’ll fully refund teams’ entry fees (minus a $25 admin fee) to teams that withdraw before midnight on December 26. That will apply to any team, regardless of whether or not they’re participating in other races. This change is retroactive to teams that have already withdrawn. After midnight, December 26 entry fees will be non-refundable regardless of when the races may be rescheduled.

Recommended Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search