- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- April 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
Knik 100 & 200 Races will Start on Knik Lake
The 2017 Knik 100 and 200 races will begin and end on Knik Lake in Knik! Trail conditions are good with sufficient snow and the lake ice is thick enough. We’re very excited to begin the races on our traditional race course. However, we recommend having two snow hooks and a drag for optimum control.
The 2017 Knik 100 and 200 Races are On!
The 2017 Knik 100 and 200 races are on! Current and anticipated conditions are good in Willow, so if necessary, we will move the race to Deshka Landing. However, we’re still hoping to start and finish the races on Knik Lake. The lake’s ice thickness is good but we need more snow on the Knik-area
2016 Knik 100 and Knik 200 Races Cancelled
Unfortunately, due to current unsafe conditions on the trail, and due to the lack of certainty that conditions will change in the next two weeks preceding the scheduled start of the 2016 Knik 100 and Knik 200 races, we feel it’s in the best interest of safety to cancel both races. We have looked at
We’re Monitoring Trail Conditions Closely
Tomorrow afternoon (Sunday) our Trail Boss will go out on portions of the trail. We understand that the river changes and we are monitoring it closely. We will release another trail report when he gets back. –Robert Sexton, Race Manager
New Race Course for Knik 200 but Knik 100 Cancelled
After careful consideration, the Knik Race Committee has determined that because of current conditions, starting and finishing the Knik 100 and 200 races at Knik Lake is not a viable option. To avoid cancelling the Knik 200 race altogether, an alternative race course has been chosen. Knik 200 teams will start at the Deshka Landing
A lack of snow and cold temperatures has been problematic for trail conditions for the Knik 100 and 200 races. Having already postponed the races until the end of this month, we’ll do everything we can to avoid cancelling altogether. However, what we won’t do is risk the safety of mushers, dogs, volunteers, or fans.
Race Postponed to January 31
Due to the poor trail conditions to run a safe race, The Knik 100 and 200 Sled Dog Race will be postponed to January 31-Febuary 1, 2015. Mushers will have till Dec. 31 midnight to withdraw and will receive their entry fee back minus a $25.00 admin fee. Afterwards, there will be no refunds. Also, thank
Welcome, Everyone! The 2014 Knik races begin Saturday morning at 11AM Alaska time. Despite the warmer temperatures and light rain that we were seeing today, I’m told the trail looks great. I’m going to do everything I can to live broadcast at least the winners crossing the finish line. Just a few of the challenges
It’s Looking Good for Race Day
Hello, Everyone. Jennifer from Ground Effect Media here with your Susitna Valley 7-Day Forecast, courtesy of the National Weather Service. It’s looking good for race day, which begins Saturday at 11AM on Knik Lake in Wasilla. The forecast calls for partly cloudy skies with isolated snow showers. Highs 15F to 25F. I was just informed
The 2014 Knik 100 and 200 Races are On!
The 2014 Knik 100 and 200 races are on! Snow and trail conditions are favorable. Later today we’ll email a trail report to all teams with details from Harry Caldwell (Race Marshall) and Sam Crawford (Trail Boss) who have been working hard on the trail.
Trail Condition Report
Overall, the trail is good throughout the race course. A map of the course will be coming soon.