2019 Knik Races Postponed Until February 9

 In Announcements, Race Course, Race News, Trail Condition Report

Due to concerns about anticipated trail conditions, lake ice thickness, and the uncertainty of safe travel along the river due to the recent major earthquake, the 2019 Knik 100 and Knik 200 races are postponed until Saturday, February 9.

We remain hopeful that the races can go on our rescheduled date, and at our traditional race start location on Knik Lake. If the lake is not a viable option on the rescheduled date, we will move the race to Deshka Landing.

As always, we will make every reasonable effort to hold the Knik races, but if neither location is acceptable leading up to February 9, we will be forced to cancel. Again, we are hopeful that this will not be necessary. However, understand that the Knik Race Committee holds the safety of the dogs, mushers, volunteers, and fans as our primary consideration. We work hard behind the scenes on these races throughout the year in preparation for race day, so decisions that we make for rescheduling and other arrangements are not made lightly.

The mandatory Pre-Race Musher Meeting will take place on Friday, February 8, 2019 at Janssen’s Mat-Su Funeral home in Palmer, Alaska at 6901 E. Blue Lupine Drive. (More information about the pre-race meeting is included in the 2019 race rules posted on our website at http://knik200sleddograce.com/race-rules/. If you have not yet studied the race rules, we urge you to do so.)

Due to this change of date, teams who wish to withdraw from the Knik 100 or 200 have until Sunday, December 9 at 11:59 PM to have their entry fee refunded minus a $25 transaction fee. After this time, teams will not receive a refund of their entry fee should they choose to withdraw for any reason.

If any slots open in either race from today until Wednesday, January 9 at 11:59 P.M., teams on the waiting list will be contacted in their sign-up order to confirm the team’s availability for the race. The Knik race reserves the right to move to the next team on the waiting list if a team cannot be immediately reached. Entry fees must be paid within 24 hours after verification from the Knik race organization that your team has been moved off the waiting list into the field.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at info (at) knik200sleddograce (dot com)

Recent Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search